Monday, April 12, 2010

Lake Rosevelt and friends

Well today was great ...Two great people in my life were there right when I needed them; Mark who made me smile and laugh and J.B. who almost drowned me...lol ---just kidding, he also made me laugh.

J.b. and I hit the lake today around 6:30 p.m. to try out his canoe, which he had gotten from his father. It was his first time using it. I also brought my kayak and J.b. brought some fishing rods to fish.

We went to put the canoe in the lake, we were using my canoe paddles; bright ORANGE and his long canoe, which is kinda red and and missing some paint. Its cool, looks like a tank that has seen a few battles.

Well back to the entry of the water, once again as usual I am the small guy, I was in the front of the canoe and J.b. was going to push us off and jump in. Let's just say the smooth push and jump did not work for us...it was so funny. Before I could brace myself I knew I was going to be getting wet and yes, oh yes did I get wet. The water was a nice cool chill of the Arctic to wake me up. J.B. had gotten a little wet as well.

However, after that fun tip and a much needed good laugh. We turned the boat to the side of the bank to be horizontal with it, instead of going straight out with a push. We had J.B. hop in the back seat then I got in the front and we were able to push of and enjoy a great time on the water.
We did this for a lil while and then we went back to the bank and I got my kayak and J.B. went out on the water in his canoe. We paddled together for a bit and then I went off on my own as J.B. went back to shore to get a fishing rod from his dad, who we just happened to run into at the lake. J.B. got back in the canoe and began fishing as I wondered all over the place. I run into a nice couple from Kentucky who were on the edge of the bank and they to were kayakers' and we chatted for a bit while I was still in my kayak. They were very nice and pleasant.

J.b. and I met on the water and got the rare and amazing chance to watch beavers play and swim. It was such a fun filled lovely trip to the lake today. I hope I have more days like this to look forward to this summer.

I am also very lucky to have such close friends and loved ones, who can make me laugh and have such a great time.

Thanks J.B. and Mark, it was great to talk to you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment