Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tim's Kayak


This is me in Tim's Kayak, its 16.5 ft. long and orange. I loved riding in this yak.
It took some time to get use to. When I first hit the water I was a bit nervous.
The yak seemed a bit tipsy, more then I was use to. You need to remember, one thing about my Otter is that it is real stable, very forgiving. This boat is not! If you move or tilt too the side you will notice it.
Once you get the feel for the kayak she paddles like a dream. I couldn't believe how fast I cut threw the water with so little effort. The guys with me were paddling twice as hard as me and having trouble keeping up. I loved it, it was so nice to finally get the chance to take out a yak that nice and long.
Turning was very interesting in this yak. I found out when you are turnning something this long it takes some time. I am use to my Otter which can turn very quick. I noticed to make the turns easier in this boat you have to pull up the fin. You have a fin that you can put down to help you track better in the water; which it does great for straight lines. When it comes time to turn you need to pull it up and the turn is much easier.
I loved using this boat it was so much fun and I hope to get one as well...MARK NEEDS THIS!!!
Feel the power have a great day and PADDLE ON!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds pretty awesome. I guess I should have gave the yak a try. Very inspiring :) and adventurous!

    ReplyDelete