Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gear


While I was in OBX I got some new gear. It's hard to find gear here. I was very happy to get a new pair of water shoes. I have always had trouble finding them in my size. I have not used them yet I am saving them for when my other pair is wore out.

I also got a water shirt because I got a nasty rug burn type mark on my side the very first day from the skim board. Those are death traps...I will stick to kayaking. All the other guys had them minus myself and Joe and none of them had any marks or burns. I thought this a good sign. I found one at a very good price in a small little shoppe, not in the big fancy stores.

I also got a bran new PFD or life vest. My best find of the whole trip. Once again this is another item that is hard to find here. I can find them at the local department store but they really would be cheap and not that safe. I have been wanting a PFD that is made for paddling sports and now I got one. It has a spot for my keys to hook to then I can zip them up inside a pocket; double security!!! It also has a pocket for a whistle which is built into it. It has the shoulder straps so that you can make it the right size so it doesn't ride up. The sides adjust and have a mesh fabric so that it gives way to fit nice with your body. This allows more movement with less work. It perfect...oh and its yellow :)

I finally got me a Kayak T-shirt, its blue. I found a great price on it at Kitty Hawk Kites. It was nice to finally get some kayak wear. Well as always be safe, have fun and PADDLE ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment