Thursday, August 19, 2010

Big Darby 2010


I finally got to go out on a river this kayaking season.....yippee :) big smiles all around. Even better Keith and Amy went with me to BIG DARBY CREEK. This is a trip I have been looking forward to and wanting to do all summer, its the creek that I started my kayaking career on and its the people who went with me on my first trip.

Life couldn't be better, we got out there and ouch...CUE the sun. Yep, the sun came out and it wasn't tomorrow!!! it was today and I could have done with a lil less intensity from it. I felt like I had joined a tanning bed for free and in the middle of my bake the knob got stuck and had its go at toasting me. Burnt toast anyone?!!!

After my bake in the wonderful Ohio sun , we got on with the business at hand having fun n' kayaking. It was so nice to just get out on the water again. I picked a Vapor 10 kayak as did Amy, this was my first time using one of them for a whole trip. It was all right, it handles fine although the opening is way to large and it feels like you are in a bathtub. I won't be buying that model of kayak. Keith used a Loon, he seem to do okay with it. This was the first trip we went on where none of us used an Otter. All of these boats that I am talking about are made by OLD TOWN just a lil FYI for you novice and newbies out there.

The trip was great Keith was a trooper and went with us after pulling the graveyard shift. Gotta love that kind of commitment...I am giving him the KAYAKER OF THE MONTH award for being such a good sport.

We also asked are best gal-pal---Sarah to come with, but she had to work :(, however she did meet us at Spaghetti Warehouse afterwards and that was another riot of a good time. I got the WEDDING SOUP...I guess the name is fitting cause it' wasn't as good or as full feeling as it was said to be...lol I kid---about marriage that is...not about the soup it really did suck!!! I think they should have been held in contempt of food court. YES YES that is how it should be.

Till another day and another time have fun and try to unwind by kayaking the lakes, rivers and oceans(if you brave enough) of our vast world be safe and PADDLE ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment