Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tradition

Sense I started kayaking every year I have made a run down the Big Darby River. It's like my home base so to speak or my top secret club house like we had when we were kids. You just don't let anyone in!!!

BDR was the first river I kayaked. I have yet to make the trip down the river this year. In seasons past I have made at least 10 trips down it and taken a few friends with me. I have two friends that I will have to get on that river before seasons end.

Keith, Amy and myself have not missed a year without kayaking down that river sense 2008 I believe. The year I started kayaking. This is my third season and I like our tradition. The season will not be complete till I get that run in.

I like having traditions. I have to say that this is one of my favorites. Of course it won't pass the gathering around the house at my g'mas for our family holidays and watching the lil' ones being told to quit running or to sit; instead of jumping on the couch. Oh and let's not forget the RED VELVET CAKE!!! YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my cake back off readers :)

Well have a great day and PADDLE ON!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan! When are we going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue, but we will have to do it soon before it gets to low. :)

    ReplyDelete